Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - can/shall I still ask for more than what I filled in "expected salary" section?
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Verified Member

mangos47 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh I see. Read wrongly.
But then I think is abit stretching to expect stat board to pay for another company's bonus jus bcos TS choose a bad timing to jump... Maybe unless TS is an extremely valuable talent... But it still dosnt sound like that's something a stat board will do.
true. I didn't expect the lost bonus due to bad timing to be compensated by the new employer. what I intend to use as argument is the fact that I've had a very recent raise so my original expectation doesn't reflect my current expectation. And also I'd like to try convince them to consider me for the other senior position in the same team which I think I'm qualified as well.

What I want to ask is whether this kind of negotiation - to raise from my original expectation to a higher expectation - is reasonable, and has anyone been successful in doing so. What are some of the tactics that may help to achieve the goal? And when is it a better timing to bring this up, after getting their offer, or before that?

Hope to hear from someone experieced in this. Thanks