Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - how to deal with a lowball offer
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2014, 05:03 PM

lazyplane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha_wong View Post
Hi,
I just landed a job with a local bank. I have been without job for a while. I think the HR is trying to lowball me. They are paying me less than what I was drawing before I lost my job. Very bluntly this HR manager told me 'take it or leave it. we know that you have no choice in todays market'.

Of course i need a job. but at least the local banks should not lowball employees. if i start my job dissatisfied how effectiveness will i be? what do others say?

One thing i learnt about HR and salary, it is not a personal decision while it may feel like it . eg based on what you said, you think the HR and or its manager decided to low ball you.

HR in most organisations are just doing their job. There are many scenarios that HR has to consider eg

Suppose you are in that bank and new hire just join with higher pay with similar skill set ? Wouldnt you also blame HR for not keeping internal equity?

Finally, you mentioned effectiveness and job dissatisfaction.
Do u mean that you are already dis satisfied with your job because of your offer ? and prefer to be jobless ?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app