Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 21-11-2014, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

Worried about the prospects of having to downgrade to public housing. Not sure whether I will be happy to move from a prestigious and nice condo development to public housing. I love the lifestyle, prestige, security and safety that a condo offers. I suppose I could downgrade from my 3 room unit to a studio condo unit and use the cash balance for retirement. I can also stop driving to save on transport cost. Will therefore need to find a condo next to an MRT station for convenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
One way to address your worries is to identify what exactly is it that you are worried about and to address them.

As you know, worrying only leads to stress, and too much stress leads to ill health. Which will then lead to more worries. You can thus see how silly worrying about things can be.

So why dont you start to list down the things that worry you and you will probably realise that most of the things are things either you can do nothing about and things that you can handle.

To say that you worry about retirement is too broad a statement. So lets break it down.

1. Is it you worry about having to downgrade your lifestyle? -- can downgrade to smaller condo
2. Is it about not having enough savings to last your retirement? -- solution downgrade to HDB, and/or work longer, give up your car (too many cars on the road anyway)
3. etc....
4. Ill health? Then dont worry so much.
5. Children's future? This is probably beyond your control, so no point worrying

Why dont you share what exactly worries you and you will get more suggestions on how to overcome them