Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

If you are not trolling, I would suggest you read up on Malaysia My Second Home program. Through this program, you will be given something like a PR status to enable you to stay on a long term basis. If not, you cannot stay long term. That would mean you would still need a place to stay in Singapore.

To qualify for the program, you would need to invest or put into a FD in a Malaysian bank an amount of RM350K. In addition, you need to show you will have a steady income of RM10,000 a month. Think for spouse, they need a further amount. Go and read up on the conditions.

Thailand, same thing. They are now clamping down on transient foreigners who dont have long term visas.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

We need some advice and opinion from this forum.

My wife and I are both retired and our son is now working overseas (likely to be away for many years as he plans to marry and settle down there). We are thinking of staying in JB. We plan to rent out our fully paid 5 room HDB flat for S$3,000 per month (RM7,500). We are able to rent a brand new 3 bedroom condo in JB for RM1,000 per month (many new condos renting out at this price due to big property oversupply in JB).

Is our RM7,500 per month passive income enough for us to retire on?

Hope to hear from those who are already retired in JB or knows about the living costs in JB.

How much do I need to set aside for food, utilities and transport?

Thank you for your help.