Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Guidance needed for extra savings!
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2014, 11:05 PM
ZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdpd View Post
Hello all.

I have just graduated from NUS (age 25) working with a monthly income of ~4k/mth and also ~2k/mth from giving private tuitions. As I intend to spend only from my tuition earnings, I am looking at a savings upwards of 50k per annum (with bonuses).

What should I do with these savings? Should I save them for future uses like wedding and BTO or should I use them for investment? In addition, since I am quite packed everyday with tuitions and work, I do not have the time to do my research and invest.

Would love to get from guidance from any experts here or maybe share their experience. I am open to suggestions and advice here or privately. I am also hoping to achievement my first million by 35!
well, hat me and my wife did was to save hard, invest in property when the market is cool, and sell when the market heats up. that's how we grew our net worth from $300K at age 28 to $2.8M over the last 10 years. also, increase your savings as your salary increases and do your sums before starting a family.