Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Stay or join new company?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooewbie View Post
Dear all, thank you for your kind advice.

I have decided to accept the contract offer over email, but have not sign the contract yet. If I decided to back out before contract signing, guess I would be blacklisted by HR already?

The new company I am joining is in the education industry with their certs recognized by the government. Currently I am doing IT, still going over there doing IT as well.

I had asked about the benefits and AWS, PB etc. Benefits wise is approximately same as my current company. There is AWS bonus, PB ballpark figure ~1.5mths.

I feel that as I am young (<30yrs old) with no major commitments except yearly insurance, I should be going out to learn more new things and know more people in order to build up my career.

Actually if I wanted, I could have waited for promotion before finding a new job. However, as I feel my manager treated us genuinely and with this new company as a job experience in my resume. I decided to go now rather than being promoted and decide to leave, burning my bridge.

Taking all these into considerations, will your opinion change?
if you reject them now, don't think about joining them again in future. if you have real doubts, your best bet is to call the hr, tell them you need more time to think it over.