Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Sacked during probation?
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Millionaire Member

Hermit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarox13 View Post
Hi dear forumers,

I was previously employed by an local mnc as an accounts personnel.

I was told to leave during my 3 months probation with the following reasons provided by my employer:

1) Not answering questions quick enough. My employer commented that I took too long to think of the answers to her questions. (My own personal thought here is that I am still new to what I am learning and thus needed time to rehearse my thoughts in case I said the wrong things)

2) Making typo mistakes on numbers in a record sheet that was used for reconciliation purpose everyday. My employer commented that she could not withstand such small mistakes and that it is very important to keep accuracy to a high standards at all times.

As I am still considered a fresh graduate with no working experience. May I know if the above reasons are reasonable enough? I wouldnt comment on other aspects of the job etc. Just like to have some comments / feedback on the above. Thanks!
That is what the probation period is for - to find out if there is a match between you and employer.

So in this case, there is a mismatch. Just move on.

But you would need to find out if you are cut out for this position. Or if it is just this particular employer that set its standards too high.