Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - benefits in Big4 Management Consultancy
View Single Post
Old 24-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I interviewed with KPMG as well. The HR girl later called me and said "we will make you an offer. What is your salary and your expectation? When can you join", etc. I answered these questions. A weak later, I inquired about the status and she said "we are benchmarking your salary. Please allow us some time." What precisely is she doing? If KPMG is not making an offer, they can tell me that much. How long does benchmarking take and what are the steps involved? Anyone who knows...
They are just BS-ing you trying to stall for time, must be some internal problem getting approval or the position shaky to start with.

KPMG already has preset salary range for each job grade, either you are within range or you are not. Unless yours is senior mgt role (i.e. >470k basic p.a.) or you are joining some super niche job, then she will need the approval of the Corporate C&B Manager.

There is no such thing as "benchmarking" your salary when already so late in the process for normal junior and mid level offer. Either it's some admin/bureaucratic c0ck up or the hiring dept ran out of budget and has to raise money now or your pay is too high compare to some similar level staff causing unhappiness.