Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - benefits in Big4 Management Consultancy
View Single Post
Old 24-10-2014, 04:46 PM
George

Default KPMG Benchmarking the salary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To be fair to him I was also unemployed for a long time a few years ago, it does strange things to your mental health. You become so desperate you will interpret any slightest positive thing people say as confirmation or build up some online persona to preserve self esteem.

I suspect he spoke to some recruiter or first level interview at a big 4, they gave standard polite small talk like "thanks for the time", "glad we had a great session" etc. and he started to jump the gun thinking they are offering him and talking about negotiation, career development etc.

Now no sound no pix after that, so he went back to his usual pattern posting random things while waiting for a job call.
I interviewed with KPMG as well. The HR girl later called me and said "we will make you an offer. What is your salary and your expectation? When can you join", etc. I answered these questions. A weak later, I inquired about the status and she said "we are benchmarking your salary. Please allow us some time." What precisely is she doing? If KPMG is not making an offer, they can tell me that much. How long does benchmarking take and what are the steps involved? Anyone who knows...