Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2014, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
On weekdays, he wakes up at 5.30 am, be in school by 6.45am, teach until about 2 pm if no remedial lessons else finish lessons around 4 pm. He has to attend school / department /level meetings in the afternoon or meet parents to hear complaints or meet students for counseling. Leave school around 5.30 pm to go home. If go home earlier, will kanna mark unless approved for special reasons. After dinner, he starts marking scripts, then prepare lessons and work sheets for students or set test questions until 10 pm. He told me his principal and HOD are very particular on everything even students' files and especially about the standard of the work sheets and questions and conduct checks on all the teachers. I supposed its KPI. On Saturday, back in school for CCA in the morning. Sometimes he has to bring students to attend activities during weekend afternoon or even evening. On Saturday nights, he marks scripts, prepare lessons and work sheets for next Monday. Only Sunday he gets to rest finally. No wonder he laments that 2 young teachers resigned after the bond is served recently. For him, he is in his 40s, he asked me where can he go. I supposed it also depends on one's luck.
the way u describe,i feel the pace is quite alright. worksheet are quite standard afterall.
test qns also not that frequent and usually can use ten year series or past year papers isnt it. years ago in skool, ive seen teacher marking papers whenever they could during class lessons when they give us some qns to try on. marking papers are pretty standard also. if hes efficient enough, he should be able to finish everything he has on hand in skool by 630 and then go home, rather than bringing his work back home