Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Fresh Engieering Diploma holder to continue Engineering or move to Finance ?
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2010, 05:11 PM

sadsack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my advice: enroll in a business or finance related degree programme in UniSIM and aim to work for a bank - maybe start in operations and move your way up.

singapore is a finance hub, not an engineering hub. opportunities are abound if you work in the financial industry.
Thanks for the advice. May I ask on what the job prospects and opportunities are there in the financial industry? Is there any job security in this line ? Or the 'expiry date' is even faster ?

From what I know and correct me if I'm wrong, there are many people stuck in the back end operations finding it hard to move to the front office. This may come from oversaturation because of too many people have general biz and finance degree and they all join this hot industry. And a there is huge pay difference that separates them. These back office people only earn a pay comparable to the average engineer, but even more overworked and unrecognised ?