Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Montessori Teaching jobs-What do I ask for?
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine View Post
Hello all,

I am hoping to move to Singapore in July and was wondering what salary I should ask for from potential employers.

I am a British national, aged 28, and have been working in Beijing, China for the last 3 years. I am a newly qualified Montessori Kindergarten teacher and have 2 years experience of working within a Montessori environment.

I have had a good response so far from Kindergartens in Singapore but am unsure what salary to ask for as I have no real idea about the industry average and the cost of living. Can anyone help??

Thank you!
did you talk to the international pre-schools? the following link contains a list:
Singapore Expat Guides - International school in Singapore, education & studying in Singapore

i believe you will fit in well with the international pre-schools, given your track record and the fact that you are a foreigner.

local pre-schools don't pay well - typically less than $2k sgd per month for an inexperienced teacher. i would imagine the international ones can afford to pay much better (since they charge much higher! )