Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Is 6400 SGD per Month appropriate salary? How tax is calculated?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 11:05 AM
George

Default 7 year old kid, 6 yrs experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sg View Post
Dear Experts,

I am an Indian, Electronics Engineer, having around 6 years of experience and recently, got 6400 SGD/month offer from a Singaporean company.

----------(1)----------
Will it be a wise decision to accept the offer and move to Singapore with my FAMILY (Wife + 1 kid - 7 years old )?

----------(2)----------
Also little bit confused about tax, to be paid.
----------(3)----------
What ADDITIONAL BENEFITS should I get/ask from/to the company? For example, medical insurance, annual tickets...etc.
----------(4)----------
As I am also a physically disabled, are there special facilities/ schemes provided by government for persons like me?
Thanks
chum,

1. You have 6 years of experience but have a 7 year old kid. Did you get married and become a father while in Uni?

2. Confused about tax - we all are

3. Will your company provide all these benefits? Most companies do not, not if they are willing to pay only $6400 per month. Is this a hire-and-fire contract job? We have enough folks from India already.

4. You aer also physically disabled. You expect Singapore govt to provide you facilities???? Buses and trains in Singapore are disabled friendly. What else you expect? Handicapped allowance of $5000 per month? You are sick....