Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Project Manager in Construction Company
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Humble bee

Smile PM pay

Hi,

There are 2 areas construction now; building and civil engineering.
Clients from building usually are not as selective as civil side.
As you know civil side projects are usually government😁. And the criteria are much higher, such as the Qualification of the PM , engineers need to be PE board recognized.
(If ur degree is from local spore, then u r safe).

So talking about pay and bonus. You should be looking at 8k plus 3-5 months bonus for a junior PM means (10 experience since graduation). And ranged to 15k plus 3-6 months of bonus for a more senior PM..

And seriously speaking if u go for around and ask how many local grad are there in the civil industry, I can only tell you.. It's really pathetic...coz most of them left this industry after several years of working in construction.

And what I can tell u is that I will see a whole change in terms of pay package by the SME contractors. Why? They will slow down hiring foreigners and really spend time to look for local grads and also to improve their image and pay package in order to attract local talents. This is due to the 20 years plan of the Singapore planning. Hence more government projects in the next 2 decades. And like what I say the criteria becomes very strict in the sense, they only accept people who are PE board qualified.... Hope that makes you understand more in this industry.