Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Haha, u are already wise for your age, to start thinking about investments and property at only 20.

When I was 20, all I thought about was getting a good grade in school and my looks

Anyway, its much easier nowadays to learn about investing with many free resources.
- Moneysmart blog is v entertaining and mostly good advice on property, saving money, credit. Plenty of other good blogs talking about property investment.
- Be willing to spend a bit of money on buying books, or go to the NLB to borrow them for free. I like reading local authors writing on the property market (residential and commercial) as they write with the SG market in mind.
- I was terrible at stocks and trading, being far too emotional to keep hold of greed and fear. But its logical that a new investor start with the STI. I should have done that years ago....
- If u have a wise, rich, trusted relative. Talk to him and find out how they made it. Having wise friends and a good spouse also helps. They won't derail you from your financial goals by blowing $ or laughing at your millionaire dreams, they will support u emotionally and offer tips or practical help.
- Other than getting a good job, think of other sideline income streams u could develop.