Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is obvious you are very jealous.

Looking at his post, the old engineer wasn't bragging. He was trying to encourage fellow engineers that financially, they would be alright in the long run, even though many posters talked down the profession.

The old engineer's post was not only encouraging, but truly inspirational. I can imagine that salaries during his early working years must have been very low unlike now where starting salaries for fresh grad engineers can go as high as $4k+. (Ref. the forum on DSTA).

Yet the fact that he was able to build up his wealth (though combined with spouse) to what it is now is nothing short of amazing. And I would not be so impressed if an old banker tells me he has $5m right? In fact, with only $5m, I should think the old banker didn't make it.

And one advice for you, do not envy others. Jealousy and resentment is not good for your health.
From what I learnt from forumers in this tread, I believe engineers make a lot of money during the hey days of the yesteryears. I also tend to believe due to their ignorant, engineers are rather bad investors in share markets. Could it be these engineers were badly burn during 1987, 1991, 1997, 2002 and 2008 that wipe out their hard earn money? Only they themselves know.