Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2010, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

You will only do 2.5 years apprenticeship in SIAEC if you graduate in Singapore Poly- Aeronautical Engineering or Aerospace Electronics.. Ngee Ann Poly- Aerospace Technology..

Apprentice Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (DARE/DASE) - SIA Engineering Company

Few of my SP seniors who passed out as LAE, they got their 747 and A380 aircraft rating.. However, most of them complain about life in SIAEC. Anyway I did my industrial attachment in SIAEC for 6 months at Base Maintenance. Hangar 4- Passenger to Freighter conversion. I was from ITE College Yishun- Aerospace Technology then to Singapore Poly- Aeronautical Engineering..

Currently doing my final year in SP. Was given the opportunity to take external CAAS SAR 66 Basic paper. 9 modules total but you may take 2 or 3. I didnt took it. Anyway Aero course modules in SP are credited CAAS too so dont worry.

It dosent matter which Aero courses in Poly you go to. The important thing is passion and the hardwork you are willing to put. Life as apprentice is very tough. I was being told by experience LAEs and seniors.

PS: Frankly speaking LAEs in Singapore gets little pay compare to Other countries.

My 2 cents view..