Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - job offer - salary for managing director role
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkngn View Post
Hello all,

new to the forum, seems like a great source of information!

Reason for joining the forum and posting in this thread is that I have a job offer on the table that would require me to relocate to Singapore.

Also posted [URL="://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum-528.html#post56249"]here[/, but not many replies, so trying my luck with a new thread.

Background information:

- 33 years old, German national, single, no kids
- been working for this stock exchange listed German engineering company for 8 years, 6 years in North America as a product manager, 2 years based in Germany as export sales manager responsible for Asian (SEA & China & Japan & Korea) market
- already familiar with local Singapore based staff and general company situation due to current job

Job offer is for MD for sales, heading the company together with MD Finance.
Singapore office is centralized office for SEA market, existing satellite offices in KL, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh, Taipeh, Jakarta with staff between 5-10 ppl each, total shared responsibility of about 40 staff.
Mostly responsible for managing sales staff in above mentioned offices, very frequent travel (minimum 2 out of 4 weeks in a month on the road) within SEA required.

What would be an adequate salary to ask for considering above mentioned points?

Update:
First offer was S$ 10.000/month plus S$3000/month housing allowance.

I believe this (first) offer to be too low, for such a responsibility and considering above mentioned circumstances, compensation should be in the S$15.000-20.000/month range.

What do you think?

If you need more information than provided above to give a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks for any feedback!
Hi,

Do keep in mind that the tax rates here are ridiculously low compared to Europe, so you will probably end up saving quite a fair bit on taxes.

Cost of living in terms of food and convenience is really low, (except booze)

Only pricey things are housing and cars.
You can probably skip on the car, we have a good transportation system.
Just rent a sub-urban apartment and you will be good to go.

Not to mention you are single and asian singaporean chicks adore whites. ( the chicks are really cute and easy to bed if you are white)

No reason not to take the offer mate.