Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Oxbridge Master Degree Holder and 2 years Work Exp
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:19 PM

pstarz is on a distinguished road

And a 2 year MBA from the top tier school will set me back about what? US$180,000 (S$250,000) just in fees itself (not incl. lost income)? That's a poor ROI in my opinion if I were to return to SG and would have to slog a few more years to pay that off? A local undergraduate who works dilligently and climbs his way up is probably 'in the money' while i'm severely 'out of the money'. If given that kind of money, I would rather use it to generate me a stream of passive income. The current course that I am offered now costs about S$50,000 - $55,000 for 9 months; which IMO I could most likely pay it off quicker if I fail to find funding from Cambridge/Gates Trusts. One of the main reasons many people have told me to take it up is also because of the networks you make. Having been to an elite school as such, I would like to know if this is over-hyped for a person intending to return back to Asia? In what ways does it 'open doors'? Do you just ring a JBS/Said Alumni up and say you would like a job in FO?

Anyway, thanks for reading this. Much appreciated for helping a young adult play the game of life.
Pstar.