Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2014, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I beg to differ, that joining the civil service is easy. I do agree, though, that moving from the government sector to the private sector could be difficult after a while.

Back to the first argument. It has always been the case that the civil service sets stringent criteria when it comes to hiring. In general, a second upper degree from reputable universities is the norm. This itself filters out many candidates. Many people who work in the private sector as mediocre professions want very much to think that they can easily join the civil service....it is a matter of whether they want to or not. I certainly do not think so. Take a look at your own qualifications and credentials, and then apply for it.
Its easy lah. been in and out of it a few times. Just need to have the relevant skill set and apply to the right place at the right time. just like what we have always been doing in the private sector all the while. even with high standards, etc, there is always the issue of demand and supply. there are fairly limited singaporeans who look towards a life long career in the civil service these days.