Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Congratulations. Good that you have a job offer in Singapore. We need more FTs to work in Singapore in order to rent our empty condos. Pls invite more of your high calibre friends to work here. We have too many empty condo to fill.

Here are some guide on the cost of living:

1. Rental of 1 bedroom condo unit, $2800 pm (e.g. in Lakefront Residences next to the Lakeside MRT station). My advice is to avoid the city condos as they are too expensive. Waste of money.

2. Car costs $120k brand new. Running cost, $1500 pm. So, don't buy a car. Stay in a condo next to an MRT station. Transport by MRT and bus, $100 pm.

3. Food & utilities, $2000 pm.

4. Holidays to nearby resorts, $5000 pa.

5. Others, $1000 pm.

Total expenses, $75,800 pa. Savings target, $30,000 pa.

So, ask for $120,000 at least. You need to put aside for income tax as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkngn View Post
Hello all,

new to the forum, seems like a great source of information!

Reason for joining the forum and posting in this thread is that I have a job offer on the table that would require me to relocate to Singapore.

I need a rough idea of compensation per annum for my potential new job (I believe this is the correct thread to ask this question, if not, pls let me know what other thread I should post this under, thx!).

Background information:

- 33 years old, German national, single, no kids
- been working for this stock exchange listed German engineering company for 8 years, 6 years in North America as a product manager, 2 years based in Germany as export sales manager responsible for Asian (SEA & China & Japan & Korea) market
- already familiar with local Singapore based staff and general company situation due to current job

Potential new job is MD for sales, heading the company together with MD Finance.
Singapore office is centralized office for SEA market, existing satellite offices in KL, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh, Taipeh, Jakarta with staff between 5-10 ppl each, total shared responsibility of about 40 staff.
Mostly responsible for managing sales staff in above mentioned offices, very frequent travel (minimum 2 out of 4 weeks in a month on the road) within SEA required.

What would be an adequate salary to ask for considering above mentioned points?
If you need more information than provided above to give a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks for any feedback!