Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by verselines View Post
Hi all,

I'm a male NTU grad with second upper honours. A few questions for the more experienced contributors here.

My current job pays me 3.6k but that includes a shift allowance. I have slightly less than 1 year total work experience. Can I expect a similar pay if I join MINDEF? Planning to apply for Media Analyst or Research Executive (Defence Relations).

Also, how long does it usually take between sending the online job application to them calling you up for the first time? I want to send my application in asap as I've heard the competition is fierce but I'm going on a couple of weeks overseas leave soon and don't want to miss any calls from them while I'm overseas.

Finally, I downgraded during my NSF days and ORDed as a clerk and with PES C9. Does MINDEF 'discriminate' against downgraded males in any way?

Thanks in advance for any replies. Cheers!
You would probably get a much higher pay than your current one.

It will take them sometime to contact you. Once you apply, they will notified you to take the psychometric test. The test will probably take place 2-3 weeks after you have submit your application. If you pass the test, they will shortlist you for the interview. However, there is no definite time frame as to how long they will take to call you up for an interview. It may take one to two months.

As for the PES, I'm not so sure about it.