Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I read the comments here and ROFL.

Come on, living in a condo = high social status?

Yes, that used to be the case from 1990s and earlier. In the 90s and earlier, only the rich can afford landed and condos. HDB were the main home for many.

Fast forward to today, with the abundance of suburban shoebox size condos + some resale HDB flats priced at above 500k, you are daft to still deem ALL condos as high status. Only D9/D10 condos are worth the social status. The rest are just mass market condos to entice HDB upgraders.

I have known people with household income of 200k and above staying in 5 room HDB and also people with household income of 120k and below squeezing in shoebox condos.

Would you want to stay in HDB and drive BMW or would you want to stay in condo and take bus/MRT? And no, the reason for not buying a car is not because of convenience but because of budget.

Would you want to stay in HDB and go on 2 weeks holiday or would you want to stay in condo and go MY/Batam/Bintan for a 3D2N holiday?

Would you want to stay in HDB with money in the bank or would you want to stay in a condo with not much money in the bank?

Please open your eyes big and look around. Don't be envious of all people living in mass market condos. Some are really rich, some are just slapping themselves on the face to make themselves look fat.
Really funny, this is what I feel also. In fact, I believe the original poster that posted about him being a condo "owner" means he's part of the "elite" of Singapore (hahahaha) is eating home cooked food everyday. The reason why I say this is because I know someone personally, local grad, never lived anywhere else before, went to neighborhood sec school (St Pats) and then poly, and now is so tua kong, he signed a mortgage to upgrade his HDB flat to a landed property (99 year I think) and he had to buy second hand furniture from resellers on the Internet (craigs' list hahahahah) and told me ever since he moved to his "landed property" his spoilt wife who normally loved to eat out all the time, has to stop eating out. The family has to eat home cooked meals 7 days a week and can't even go to Sushi Tei or any other cheap ass local eateries hahahhahahahahhaaha. Any Tom Dick or Harry American or Canadian citizen buy a landed property as their first house. LOL LOL LOL