Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
U are right. I was not very ready to move on because that position is an ideal one for me, I am very keen on that. And I also don't understand why the company need take so long for a reply. I am sure they already have a list of shortlisted and rejected candidates so why everytime I check with them, they tell me still pending management approval, can't tell me verbally where I stand. I also told myself not to call them anymore but once a while, I relapse again.
May I ask which agency and what position did you apply for? And really how long have you waited? A specific time. Maybe from here, we can try to gain an insight as to why the prolonged agony.

I think sometimes we don't have a choice. I applied for few agencies and I'm still waiting currently as well. There are positions that I 'm keen on, but luck and fate is not there to help me. So what can I do? There's nothing that I can do except to move on. Who knows, there might be better deals out elsewhere.