Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Now, I think this is the real deal.

Good for you and your family, well done and you had prepared yourselves a comfortable life ahead due to prudence.

Great job! Mind asking which industry do you 2 belong to? I am sure many forum readers are interested to know? Good to share your success stories with many serious and keen learners here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My wife and I are your typical Singaporean working couple. We are not scholars nor high flyers, we are just average. However, we were lucky to make the right moves in our property purchases.

We bought our first home, a HDB flat, in 1995 at a very low price. After working for a few years, we managed to sell our flat and upgraded to a condo in 2006 which we bought for $800k. We diligently serviced our mortgage and made lump sum principal payments over the years using our bonuses. Instead of splurging our bonuses on expensive European holidays or buying new cars, we used them to pay our condo mortgage. Today, we have paid off our mortgage and totally debt free. Our condo has also appreciated and now worth $1.8m.
We continue to drive our old small car.

We hope to retire in 15 years time when we reach 60.