Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

I don't want to have a normal non microstate and first world life when on "vacation". I could have it everyday as my normal life when I go back to my real home and join everybody else in the real world. Everybody not in a microstate. (3.5 million out of 7 billion)

Most microstate sheep hope to "own" an EC/condo because they're part of the 5C aspirants, the work of pap propaganda. The 5C thing is widespread in SG, but it doesn't work on the rare few residents who either have years of overseas experience (socially mobile people with skills in demand globally) or who are expats. You're just getting fleeced and the rare few see it. You're conditioned by your ruling party to chase the 5Cs which the same ruling party has inflated to 10-25 times its cost compared to everywhere (yes everywhere) outside Singapore, so that you're trapped for three decades to keep working to run the economy. Your entire worldview is based on something that's microscopic in the big world. So you think your reality is real but it's actually unreal for most people around the whole globe that's alive today.

You're renting your ghetto little apartment from the PAP for 99 years. PAP didn't give you land rights. So to say you even "own" a condo/HDB/anything here is a far cry from the reality globally. Only autocratic regimes in Asia (eg.China and Singapore) have leases for land use imposed on citizens, so citizens are deprived of basic liberties, so that the state "re-owns" the land every 99 years, in the sense, the state makes you rent it, and then takes it back like a tenant who leaves. Why is this unique to autocratic regimes? because land rights is considered a form of personal liberty, which I suppose western democracies are inclined to uphold. To have rights to own ones land in perpetuity, not as privilege of luxury but as rights, was linked to the ideals of democracy, liberty and respect for individualism. Do you know who else didn't have rights to own land? Slaves.
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/found...v1ch16s23.html

If you think about it (which I know you never), land belongs to citizens. It's a right bestowed upon a citizenship, as people are the settlers of a piece of land that forms a country. And people vote in their policy makers who are their workers, and not their feudal lords. Why does China's land that's 5000 years old belong to a random ruling party like the communist party that's only been around for 60 years? So a despot in power is simply being a despot. And the sheep remain in oppressed. Good luck in a non-country half the size of London.