Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2014, 02:24 AM
Verified Member

rollbread is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibi View Post
Hi guys!

I am appointed as a HR MSO and have already got my provisional letter of appointment. I have 2 years odd (going 3 years) of experience in HR previously and the offered salary is $2.6K.

Is it too much if I were to ask for $3K when the actual letter of appointment is ready? Given that the standard of living is rather high now in SG, and the transport costs involved too as it is not really located near my residence?

Besides, when should I ask? When they ask me to sign the final letter of appointment, do I still have barganing power to propose to increase my salary to $3K?

Guys, please advise me~

Thanks in advance!

Actually u should be bargaining during the time when they offer you the 2.6k. I believe u had accepted the offer already so its not nice to ask for higher pay during the signing of letter. If your future manager is involved in the hiring process or the person approving the pay, then it won't look nice if you ask for higher pay after accepting the offer.

Anyway, they usually offer pay base on some sort of formulas and calculations. I've been to interviews at 2 stat board before and they didn't increase when I ask for higher pay. So even if you call them now to ask for higher pay, I believe very very high chance they won't increase the pay too.