Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Currently in CS and reaching mx10 salary mid-bar soon (not ceiling ah, nowhere near MX9). Does anyone know the performance grade criteria for crossing the mid-bar? Is it at least two C in a row the last 2 years? Or some other benchmark? Any other criteria besides perf grade?

Need this info to decide whether to jump ship or not. My boss is stingy when it comes to such things.... may prevent me from crossing bar. Then my salary stagnant, I've got growing school kids to support.

Knnbccb, what the fish you doing all these years? Aku realli cannot undrstand how you managed to reach MX 10 sia. Based on the questions you asked, i think you either a civil serpent who realli heck care all these years. A true blue civil servant would have talked about such criteria with his peers from mx 13 to 10. Ok if u r not brain dead then i think u got no kakis. That i forgive u. If you were with private sector all these years and went into civil service recently, then also must forgive u. Really tak boleh tahan sia!

One word of advice from me. If you really truthfully dunno about such things and was with the public sector all these while, Aku strongly highly from the bottom of my heart suggests that u stay put. Aku guesstimate you should be around 40s, children should be transisting from JC Poly (low cost education) to University (high cost). If you 40ish and want to pull such stunts, you better already posses skills that you honed for many years, ones with high barriers to entry and also appreciated by the market. Abothen, you should have good management skills. Cross border experience la, multicultural team management la, strong p and l performance la, enough experience to manage staff politics and push them to work la. 40ish and comfortable pay with no value add is strong candidate for retrenchment ok.