Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career choice & salary dilemma
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2014, 05:26 PM
SOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearoftheunknown View Post
I actually been to a quite a no. of interviews, just that I am either not short-listed to the next round, or not selected at all. I am not exactly a fresh grad either, considering that I graduated in 2012, thus cannot omit the job in the resume and tell future employers I went for holiday. I am simply not sure how long I can go on like this, waiting and waiting. Do you think it's best that I accept the job offer despite the less than favourable pay?
Oh dear, I was under the impression you were a fresh grad who has been looking for a job for 4-5 months.

Since you already graduated in 2012, then I strongly recommend you take up the job. Don't waste time on senselss hypothetical discussion on what pay should be like. At least you have some sort of employment to show in the future. A diploma pay looks better in CV than being blank sheet unemployed for a few years right?

Take up the job and gain some experience first. After that, try and seek help in CV or interview. I suspect something wrong, usually shouldn't be so long cannot get a job as the job market is still quite benign now.