Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Jobs Bank is finally up
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Johnathan

Default responsible behaviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyToes View Post
Im a jobseeker now and is still unemployed for about 2.5 months. let me share with you my experience in jobsbank.

Most of my application status are 'New' or 'processed', not even to the point of reaching 'shortlisted'. However, I do get some calls regarding about my application and I did get an interview though the job status is still 'new'. Therefore, I could conclude that employers do receive your application and will follow up if you are a suitable candidate, although they might not alter your job status. Likewise, they might alter your job status but would not follow up because they might be the employers that declares there are no singaporeans willing to take up the job offer like what the papers said.
Hi,
Some companies never update the status of applications on jobsbank - although MOM has asked them to be responsible and timely in their updates. Just drop a line to MOM of all your cases and they will follow up. I heard that employers that are irresponsbile on jobsbank might not be granted EP unless they clean up their act. Wait and watch.