Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can most likely find out what is the grade you will be appointed to and it would come with a fixed salary bracket, from minimum to maximum. Then you can already make a good guess what is the offer.

I'm just curious as to why many of these bodies advertise for policy planning positions, for fresh grads without work experience... I would think that for such roles, i.e. setting up policies, a lot of related industry experience would be needed in order to make wise, well-informed decisions.. and such valuable experience should be able to command higher salaries. Maybe only the top guy decide on the policy! The rest just do the needful!
Aiya, you think really policy work meh? If you are in a ministry and non-scholar, most prob is arrange meetings, write minutes, collate info from stat boards or industry. Even if you are scholar also bo pao u do policy work ok? They need to determine if you have the higher level wtf policy thinking before letting you sniff a bit of policy work. All in all, policy work means write minutes and arrange so-called high level meetings. Book rooms la, set up projectors la, revise that PowerPoint slide for the zillionth times la. So many policy ppl here so u get Aku's idea la. U complain to management , they will tell u that u need to learn the higher level thinking from these meetings. so u keep quiet and learn. By the time u reached 3rd year, you forget how to speak up properly in meetings sia.

You in stat boards lagi jialat. Policy work confirm plus chop is arrange meetings and write minutes. Remember hor, when you write minutes must be in reported speech. No problem for that ah hiang who graduated with 2nd upper. His English must be powerful one. But Aku also find his pride a bit silly. Top ministry? Hmmmm, so he think he executive in top ministry very good hor?