Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good deals = old lousy condo development.

I don't care about condo no condo. What's the big deal?
Would you rather have a $950 wallet with $50 inside, or a $50 wallet with $950 inside?

I stay in an 5-room with my own corridor and the $272k I spent on renovation & furniture is more high tech than 99.5% of houses out there - automated. I can turn on aircon, close/open doors, vacuum the floor, record TV shows, open/close curtains, wash clothes, wash dishes, feed dog, feed fishes, fill my Jacuzzi tub, turn on my Jacuzzi, all from my phone as long as I have internet connection. I have my own Uninterruptible Power Supply ~ 3hr for essential operation of my robotic house.

Also, 7-11, DBS & UOB ATM, postbox are downstairs. Neighbourhood police post adjacent block. Post office 2mins away, MRT 6min sheltered walk, shopping mall and 2 supermarkets all within 7 mins normal walking speed (not Property Agents "3 min" walking speed).

All of this convenience - still 20% cheaper than "good deal condo" which is old, crumbling and my kids still need to walk 10mins to nearest bus stop. Of if there is another condo that is convenient, then my current house is 40% cheaper than the expensive convenient one.

Condo so what, just means you got "face" when you write you address down on lucky draw coupon. Will you take a picture of your condo and stick on your forehead to walk everywhere to advertise "Eh dun play play, I stay condo".

Let me offer another perspective. Stay in condo or hdb is no different as long as that is your only property. The key to make money is that one must have >= 1 property.

And since you cannot have more than 1 hdb, having an ADDITIONAL condo besides an HDB is the only possibility to make money.