Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Fresh grad job dillemma
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOD View Post
Just to clarify, by Big 3 I meant McKinsey, BCG & Bain. Not referring to the big 4 accounting firms that do mass campus recruitment with minimal screening and offer 2.8k/3k a piece to anyone with a degree by the busloads.
As what some other posters had said, it is almost impossible to get into those top 3 consulting firms with just a local bachelor degree. Even with first class. They usually take in top students from Ivy League Universities, or fresh MBAs (from reputed institutions). Exceptions include direct experiences in consulting, or connections.

I am also somewhat puzzled by your contradicting statements. There are actually very few jobs that offer a high starting salary for fresh graduates. And even if they do, none will be cushy jobs. Unless of course, you're working in family corporation or your own business (think investment). So a starting salary of $6k for a lawyer is pretty impressive; that's about 4 years work for any other fresh grad to hit in general.

I noticed that you're still only in year 2. That means you've yet to take higher level mods, which will be more competitive (due to natural selection, harder topics, and smaller classes). Unless you've reached FCH already, don't bet your horses that you will remain 2nd upper and above.

My advise would for you would be to take more business modules, to enter financial institutions. Think Chen Show Mao.