Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Number of FT in Singapore coming down?
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Professional Mover

Hi just to give my 2 cents worth.

I would say overall foreign talent is overall the same.

I am a Regional Logistics Coordinator for a global relocation company that has offices in USA, Canada, Hong Kong, China, Thailand, Europe, Australia, India.

What I have noticed for 2014 (as compared to 2011)

Many Americans are leaving to go back to USA, few are coming here. About 9-11 leaving per month, 4-5 coming here each month.

French expatriate community is growing fast, almost none moving back to France but I have 10-12 households moving here every month.

Australia/UK seem to be fast movers to Singapore as well, averaging 5-6 households here each month, and abt 2 moving back each month.

China has slowed, 2 a month here, 2 a month back.

India has grown much more, 6-7 each month here, 1-2 each month back.

South African, South American, Germans, Canadians, Dutch & Norwegians, very stagnant. Maybe 1-2 move here a month, 1-2 move back.

Japanese & Koreans, we don't cater for that market but my buddy in another compay does. They come 4-5 households a month, 2-3 a month go back.

NOTE: As many "lower-ranked" employees will not employ professional movers such as ours, these are just rough guides to the PMET group of FT that comes to Singapore.
the lower paid employees tend to find their own arrangements for furniture and accomodations, and don't have families.