Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
New entrants (who are MX12's & MX 13's) could have been already been getting higher entry salaries vs those who have joined earlier and in their MX 11's. And MX 11s age group is probably a lot wider than MX12's and MX 13's. Older ones sure didn't have the benefit of starting high as today's new entrants.

In all schemes, there are cut-offs. Those who get it, feel at the top of the world, particularly those who are at the boundaries. The opposite for those who don't. It's the same feeling when you pass through an ERP gantry at say 0859h and end up paying X dollars vs the happy guy behind you who hit the gates at 0900hrs and don't pay anything.

For those who don't get the increment how? Don't do work at all? Remember that we are paid our salaries. I have seen those who after hitting salary ceiling, hide one corner and siam work, not forgetting they are paid their salaries. If i am an employer, I would ask that fella to go home permanently and hide one corner. So continue to work, hard if you want to get anywhere.
Yes and no. If you recall, the last salary increment across the board was in 2012 (or was it 2011?). That means even MX11 and 10 got the increment. And now, MX11 and above got additional increment, wherease MX12 and 13 do not. The whole intention of the previous salary increment was to already match all current salaries to the private sector. So saying that MX12 and 13 got better starting salary don't really hold.

So this move to exclude MX12 and 13 isn't a good one. To be honest, the starting salary of fresh grad 4 years ago and now probably increased by $100? That's definitely less than 5% increment. They could probably omit MX13 (as they are fresh grad afterall), but to omit MX12 who are in the system for at least a year or more?

But yes, you are right that this is a scenario of those who got it will be happy, and vice versa.