Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Dilemma over UNI. Please help!
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2014, 03:58 PM

lemzy is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Dilemma over UNI. Please help!

Hi all, I just graduated from Ngee Ann Poly with a Diploma in Accountancy. I was rejected local Unis but was accepted into SIM UOL Bachelor of Science, Accounting and Finance with Honours. However, I am also considering study abroad in Australia at the Uni of Western Australia(UWA).

The reasons as to why I am considering UWA is because I want to gain a whole new experience, to become more independent and grow as an individual. I find that I am being too dependent on my friends and family in Singapore and would also like to try a new education system.
However, I find that UOL is also not a bad choice after hearing many good reviews of the school. Furthermore, I could graduate with Honours in just 2 years in UOL.

I have consulted numerous opinions on this. My friends felt that I should stay in Singapore because Im unfamiliar with the culture overseas and have no one there but the working adults that I have consulted with told me it would be a great experience and nowadays, employers look for people who studied abroad as they are more independent etc.

So where do you all think would be the best choice for me and why?

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help.