Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Lucky

[QUOTE=Unregistered;53332]Hi Stefan, I understand how u feel. I have also been jobless for a few months already. Been to a few interviews but with no luck. But let's not give up ok? So what have u been doing these 6 months?[/]

As much as I want to be employed, it all depends on LUCK.
Recently I applied a mgt exec officer - HR via career@gov for a local poly, but the HR called that the team shortlist you for a similar position with the school but sub-contracted to a agency. I asked if I am considered a civil servant, they replied no.
The agency contacted me and say the school is keen in you but only willing to pay 1.8k with 10 days AL. This is way lower than my last job in HR.

As earlier mention in this forum, I grad in 2013 and was last working as HR in a well-known acc firm.
Hopefully, there will be better offers along the way.

As much as I would like to help others who aren't in this field.
If the hiring manager is really keen in employing you, they will inform HR to contact within 2-3 working days after the interview. But that also depends, how fast The hiring manager makes decision and how much candidates HR has on hand prior to contacting.

HR generally KIV candidates if they are still pending replies for those offered. If they reject, they will offer the next. For niche positions, usually hire 1. But in accounting, law, audit, secretarial and many others, these industries are always looking.