Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Pay - Director level
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsingapore View Post
Pardon my lengthly post here,but certain things I need to straighten out the facts regarding civil service salaries are as follows:

Wow I cannot believe that being a high flyer in civil service is that lucrative haha! But does this apply to the uniform services too, infamously the SAF senior ranking officers like LTC, SLTC, COL, BG, MG, LG?

Lets use your calculation methods to decipher how much a normal non-scholar NUS graduate who joins the uniform services after graduation can expect to receive at the maximum rank attainable throughout his whole military career,what equivalent rank in the "management executive scheme" would he be pegged at? but firstly, has the pay structure changed since the last time the figures were published on the government website?

2. Secondly, I am not sure that every time a government official announcement is made concerning the bonuses made available every mid year or year end bonuses, which commonly is broadcasted and highlighted on major newspapers and publications here at 0.5 months mid year bonus and 1 month AWS and another maybe 0.8 months year end bonus, does it mean the ONLY type of bonuses received by the civil servants irrespective of service schemes which commonly adds up to 14.5 months,or still got individual performance discretionary bonuses dependent on one's work performance?

This brings me to my next question- why does the government through the public service division announce NOT mention the respective A,B,C graders bonuses or is it done secretly when the employee receives the payslip at the end of the month?

3.How many admin officers are there in the whole singapore society and economy, I heard from unproven sources that they need to become PSC scholars or SAFOS, president scholarship to be put onto the fast tracked pathway to becoming an AO. Interestingly how closely related are the terms AOs together with minister of state, mayor, permanent secretaries, parliamentary secretary, speaker of the house?

4.Where does the vast majority of students from local universities like NUS,SM,NTU end up stagnating and stabilizing on the civil service "hierarchy or corporate ladder",like MX12,11,10,9? And at what age they will be when promotion or job advancement would not be possible anymore?

Thank you
At the end of the day, because of the different schemes of service, different agencies (stat boards have autonomy), different CEP etc. No one actually has the full picture of the entire civil service, how the pay is like, and the career progression etc. One thing's for sure, if you're in for the money, please do go to the private sector.

Typically local grads will end up as Director, just depending on how long it'll take them (normally around 30 years). Promotion and career development, like with striking lottery, cannot be explained. It's a combination of luck, people's help, and ability. Being at the right place, doing the right thing, under the right boss plays a huge part. Who's to say that the average Joe who gets his first promotion after 4 years, might not end up with a higher position, as compared to a bright Jon who got his first promotion after 2 years?