Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Uni dilemma, please help
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for the benefit of people considering law:

the rosy picture of law (insofar as getting a job is concerned), even if it existed before, no longer does. We are in the midst of a (massive) oversupply of law graduates, the effects of which we will continue to feel for the next 5 years. With the number of fresh lawyers fast approaching the 1,000 per year mark, and the already-bad job situation now, there are plenty of good law graduates who aren't getting jobs.

TL;DR / in summary: new law graduates -> no jobs
Lol... WHen the 3rd law school is up and running, the situation would definitely get a lot worse.

I do think the MinLaw is going to restrict the number of UK universities, though I don't think they can restrict the Aus Universities due to some free trade agreements. In any case, the number of law students in UK has been rocketing like crazy over the past few years. Its almost as if 50% of people who are studying in the UK are reading law. I definitely think they should restrict it to only OxBridge and the 3 London schools. Seriously, schools like Manchester takes in 40-50 Singaporeans annually. That is probably as big as the SMU JD cohort. The worst thing is that they don't have a min. criteria, anyone who can afford is almost guaranteed a place.