Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 26-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
give us a break. most of our offices in the sururbs are a world away from the posh slanky outfits you get at MBFC and raffles. environment plays a big part in one's career too. the majority of my colleagues at work are almost double my age and have the very lepak attitude at work. again, a world away from the hustle and bustle training i experienced while at biz school in uni. I have to admit one of the key drivers making me come to work everyday is the stability and the generous yearly package. Beyond that, its just like any other day job. of course when i come across a better (public sector) position with a nicer environment and more balanced gender ratio i'll gladly pack my bags and jump ship.
not really, IE Singapore at Bugis, STB at Tanglin, A*Star at Fusionopolis, etc etc have pretty nice offices.

save for those working in banks, law firms, accounting firms, insurance, big shipping firms and other MNCs, most other people work really out in the suburbs where the stat board/ministry are not located. if you think that working in non-town offices is a reason for you to earn more, then a lot of people deserve a high salary too!

nowadays i only ever hear of fresh grads talking about what class of hons they have in order to get a cushy govt job... no wonder we get inundated with FTs in the other sectors..