Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Then isn't it disingenuous to compare what he is doing to IB CF? You can read the full quote below but basically it seems from the way he typed that he managed to get into a CF role (no mention where it was) and hence people would be able to similarly get into IB CF with a UOL degree. Only in the much later second post did he mention that he is neither in IB nor fortune 500. No offence but comparing an experience landing <40k p.a. role to an almost 100k p.a. role is almost tantamount to misleading everyone here.
Sorry if I seem to have misled you. Guess I will clarify. First, I have slightly less than 1 year working experience so far, finished my final paper last year. Second, neither did I claimed that I was in IB nor earning 100k pa. I just mentioned at the end that I was doing CF. I know of 2 UOL grad working in BB, they got in mainly through good networking and good results. If you want further clarification, those 2 UOL grad working in BB are not in sg, and I had never asked them about their pay. Not all IB/CF analysts are paid equally. If every single time someone talk about IB/CF and you just judge it solely based on pay, then of course it doesn't stack up. Additionally, if the first thing that comes to your mind whenever people talk about IB or CF is 100k pa salary, you are pretty misinformed about the industry. In the space of secondary advisory, the leading ib (a boutique ib) doesn't even pay $80k pa for analyst.

For CF, there are corporate, PE, boutique, mid market and bulge bracket. Even for boutique, you have elite boutique (Evercore, Moelis) and just plain boutique (Primepartners, SAC). 100k pa salary for analyst --> only BB, top tier PE and some foreign mid market. No other local CF houses (including the 3 local banks) pay their IB/CF analyst so well. But guess what? We analyst, no matter from where, do almost the same thing, just on different scale. By deal volume, there are 3 of the Big4 sits on the top 10 M&A global league table.

For people who felt misled, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean it.