Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - (Shipping) Letter of Appointment next week. What now?
View Single Post
Old 13-05-2014, 01:43 PM

livehighlivemightily is on a distinguished road

I am 25 this year...

Not old, but also not young anymore.

Told myself to stop drifting around life and make concrete steps forward.

Well, I guess my sales experience was relevant in a way to what was in store for me at the company. Basically, talking to and making everyone feel happy. Happy people = less problems = faster turnaround = lesser costs.

That's why I chose a local SME to build my foundation. I felt that there will be more room for learning and growth. It may not look pretty on my resume in future but this is the most feasible step for me to enter the industry.

Of course, as with SMEs, I may not get what I want. Promises may turn out empty. Pay will be peanuts compared to industry bigwigs. What's important is that with relevant operations experience, I put myself in a better position for any future job applications.

So, yeah!

Any advice to go along with my new foray will be greatly appreciated. I'm also thinking about taking courses and certifications in institution like ICS on my own expense. Will these provide a return or are they a waste of time?