Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Finding job via recruitment agencies
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2014, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
Hi,

Sorry if I didn't phrase the post properly. My point is: when you see a job ad in the papers or online, you send in your resume and then the recruitment agency ask you to go down, right? The problem is, in a lot of cases, they actually have no job for you even though it's advertised there, saying things like the job is taken (though it's on the same day) or other reasons, and you go down all the way just to fill in forms.

It's like there's really no job in the first place but to expand their database etc, they ask you to go down to fill in forms.
Maybe next time I should confirm with them if the job exist before I make a wasted trip.

Also, not sure if anyone here has the experience of recruitment agencies trying to shove jobs to you just to make a quick commission? Jobs that you're unsuitable for, but they keep asking you to "try" etc.
Like you're trained in admin and want an admin job and they ask you to try for a factory supervisor job or sales etc.
no doubt what you've described is true. they want to expand their database, some even sell out info too. the trick is to work with a recruiter that is specialized in your field. they know how to re-package your resume to companies since they know what to look for.