Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2014, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can you share some examples? For example what a typical day, week, or month is like if you have a policy role in Ministry of National Development.

What would I be writing exactly? And will I be writing and re-writing a paper over days or over months. In the end, how long are policy papers? What happens after the paper is approved by your superiors and put into action? You move on to another policy, and it repeats itself? Or do you re-look at the same policy again and again. Do you look at all the existing policies under the Ministry and tweak them, or do you look out for new suggestions to initiate a policy change? Do you work mostly individually on a policy, or is it a large team that brainstorms together everyday? Or do the policies just come down from the management for you to put into writing?

Is there a set of rules on how much research you must do? Do you have many opportunities to travel overseas or meet foreign counterparts to exchange ideas, or is it mostly self learning through your own readings?
I am interested in this as well. TIA for those who take the time to share their experiences.