Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Be a commodities trader
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

There are many ways to break into the physical commodity industry. But to start with, you will need to understand what physical trading truly means.

Physical trading is not only about looking at screens, it is about managing a supply chain, from doing logistics, to doing risk managing / hedging, to trade and structured financing. It is essentially doing an import and export business.

As for salaries, starting pay is low for entry level staff, but when you move into more senior roles, salary ranges can be high (think base of sgd25k/mth) with amazing bonuses. The reason being, in a commodity industry, the leveraging is extremely high and it is worth paying these salaries for people who can effectively use these leveraging tools.

Market cycles will come and go but it will always reward traders who can find new niche markets and methods to make money. The tools have been very similar all these years, the ones who survive, are the ones who can find new ways of using the same tools.

I am actually looking to conduct a course on physical trading to people who might be interested to branch into this industry with my specialty being in oil.

If anyone is interested, please refer to my website at commoditytradersingapore dot weebly dot com