Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Help needed

Hi everyone,

Need some help here on Ministries hiring process.

I went for an interview in mid March and the following week, HR asked me to fill up a form with my family details - which I assume is the G50 clearance form. Last week, HR called to check on my pay and benefits package and yesterday they contacted my current company to enquire on the calculation of my package.

When I asked HR what's the certainty of being offered the position, she was unable to commit but mentioned that they are keen to have me onboard. The thing is I have a current job offer on hand but I am much more interested in this position. I have informed them about this and they asked me to consider taking up the offer as their hiring process takes 1.5 months and they may be a chance that they may not offer me the position after processing. I will only know if there's an offer in early May.

Anyone has similar experience as above? Wonder what's the likelihood of getting offered a position as described in the above scenario and what are some of the factors that they may reject my application after processing?