Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Property Agents make A LOT of Money
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Sometimes people are just too lazy to think, and believe whatever they read or hear without giving much thought.

Once I went to a seminar conducted by this eager real-estate agent. And her company is quite established in Singapore. She claims to be a consistent top producer in year 2009... draws a monthly income of 10k+. One of her topics was why new agents don't earn money and give up is because they don't know how to present themselves... and her advise-

"always put your achievements in a file along with your presentation kit, like look i show my clients there i'm the top producer for Jan, Feb, blah blah. Look these are my results... rest assure I'll close you a good deal for your house." And like a flock of mindless sheeps people were just nodding in awe at her success and speech.

But i thought to myself, how do fresh new agents with zero experience and knowledge in this line able to file such impressive certs, go knock on people's doors and convince em to let us sell their houses?

Majority of the folks who were convinced by what is portrayed before them and come into real estate this way will get a big shock. Yes, the end game reward is there waiting for you, but in between you and the $$$ is a ton of hardwork that MANY people are not prepared for. Therefore you see 1000 joining, and 900 quitting quietly at the end of the year.

There are indeed agents who earn so much, but there are way more people who are struggling. Good money never come easy, always remember that. Sometimes articles / recruitment seminars might over glamourise things a bit, best is to get real time info from your family & friends who are in this line to get a better picture.

When I decided to join real estate, few of my friends advised me to think twice, saying don't rush to join the wagon because of news like these. Of course at the back of my head I totally understand that good money will not come without hardwork. With enough research, conviction and determination I decided to join anyway.

At the end of the day, it all depends on how individuals take approach to their work.

Jan 2010 is the 4th month into my job, and this is what I have achieved so far:

Sept: Went for in house training, and during this time i started spamming to my contacts... warming my leads. Read and explored property webbies everyday

Oct 1st month - clocked 10.6k of sales
Nov 2nd month - 2k
Dec 3rd month - 5.5k

Honestly I was quite satisfied by my first month's result, and I also know luck played a huge factor. But trust me, all this time there was never a single day I idled around (ok, maybe some days, but you get my point).

Now i'm contemplating quitting Uni because if i want to be consistent with my sales, something's gotta give (haven't been to school for the past 3 months).

Got something to ask me? feel free. [email protected]
and i'm from Dennis Wee Group