Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

You are true to your RM profession. You have managed your risk well and has prepared for tail events. Based on your Monte Carlo simulation, you would have predicted that your time as MD of RM in the bank is coming to an end. You have done a fine job.

Anyway, with your net worth of S$4.3m, you need not worry too much as you can always retire now and move to Malaysia. In Malaysia, you will get RM11m, which is enough to retire on. You can live in a big GCB with swimming pool there. Think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for taking an interest in my profile.

Let me try to address your queries:

Which organization - a large foreign bank (that's where I will stop at)
Which function - one of the support functions in risk mgt (again that's where I will stop at)
proportion of basic salary bonus - bonus vary from year to year depending on bank and individual performance. last few years bonus vary from 5-9 months.

A forumer mentioned that I live below my means, which is exactly right. I don't know when I will lose my job, or my bonus will get affected so I thot it safe to make sure I save as much as possible and not have my life affected if something bad happens.

I do have aspirations to live in a private property (who doesn't) but I will only do it on my own timing and terms.

Again I have aspirations to drive a conti car (better still fully paid up) but I recognise it is depreciating asset and therefore focus on having an arrangement that fulfils my transport needs during weekends but take public transport to and from work.

In this way, I hope to gain financial freedom asap (defined as getting passive income which equal my expenses, or better yet equal my income). That's when I will retire and finally enjoy life.