Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Stigma attached with going to a smaller company
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkokleong View Post
thanks for the inputs all,
the company that I have received an offer from has around 300-400 emplyoees so it's not that small. Furthermore, they offered me around a 10% increment with better bonus prospects. Basically everything in the other company is better, other than brand name. More projects to manage with better learning opportunities.

Really undecided on this. Will the fact that I have worked for 2 major MNC's before(around 12 year in total) pull me through when applying for future managerial positions in GLC's or MNC's?
My friend, you seemed to have already come to a decision within yourself unknowingly. There are no second chances in life, so just do whateva you think makes the most sense to you. You can seek your family's advice and see if they are supportive of you making the change.

Look at the financial report of the new company if you can, to see their future direction and financial status to get a sense as to how the company will progress in 5 - 10 years to come. If it's some family owned business that is contented earning the big bucks as it is, or the leadership sucks, then please do not go there.

Last word of advice, I usually look at the leadership of the company and my direct supervisor. It is important to work under people who can mentor you, know your value, and push you up.