Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by juventusfc27 View Post
forgot to ask this question...

what's the oldest age u guys experienced that govt service accepts for MX for fresh degree holders?
Have seen people in their early 30s still joining as MX12. I think if you can accept the more junior pay and position, age should not be an issue in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
it's been said many times that MIs are not given out in % terms, but rather, based on relatively fixed absolute quantums

for e.g., if 2 MX12 officers, one on $4k and the other on $4.5k, both get a 'B' rating, we can expect both of them to receive very similar MIs (say ~$300). Therefore, the $4.5k chap will receive a smaller increment in % terms.
Not accurate. MI for MX10 onwards is in %.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, anyone knows how the promotional increment is calculated? apparently, my promotional increment is lower than my annual increment. is the promotional increment tag to CEP or is it a fixed quantum sum or dependant on the yrs of svc?
thks much!
PI is fixed based on which grade you promo to. (i.e. MX 12 to 11 PI is universal) However do take note that there is a 'hard cap' on the % of PI + MI that can be granted so there is still some variance there.